In addition to the technical requirements, the regulation sets out requirements for the safety markings and the installation, operation and maintenance instructions of the appliance.
In addition to product-specific markings, all gas appliances must always be accompanied by certain mandatory information specified in Annex IV to the Regulation. The mandatory information includes:
- the manufacturer’s name, registered trade name or registered trademark
- the appliance type, batch or serial number of the appliance or other element allowing its identification
- the type of power supply used in applicable situations
- the appliance category marking
- the nominal supply pressure for the appliance
- the necessary information to ensure correct and safe installation, according to the nature of the appliance.
These markings shall be affixed visibly, legibly and indelibly to the appliance and its packaging.
Products marketed in Finland must have markings in Finnish and Swedish.
The CE marking is marking that affirms that the gas appliance’s manufacturer or authorised representative ensures that the appliance is in compliance with all applicable requirements. Products equipped with a CE marking can move freely within the entire EU.
The CE marking must be affixed to the gas appliance or its data plate in a visible, easily readable and permanent manner. If this is impossible, it should be affixed to the packaging and any accompanying documents. It must be at least 5 mm in height, and it is not allowed to change its dimensions.
After the CE marking of a gas appliance, the identification number of the notified body involved in the production control and the last two digits of the year in which the CE marking was affixed shall be added.
The CE marking can only be affixed to the product by the manufacturer or its authorised representative.